Saturday, March 27, 2010

Straighten your wrist

Went to 7:30AM class this morning with Tanya. I lover her classes! During half moon, she said to "straighten your wrist" and I didn't think much about it. She then came and corrected me when my hands were over my head. I didn't realize that my wrists were bent. When she helped realign them, it felt strange. They didn't feel straight, but when I looked in the mirror, they were straight. I've been doing the posture wrong this whole time. It made me really appreciate the dialog that much more....like a church steeple.

Classes have been somewhat strong the past week. They continue to feel HOT, but I am learning to really concentrate on my breath and to try to eliminate motions that are not required. Don't think, just do. The past two days have been a bit of a struggle with eliminating with motions that are not required as I got a hair cut and am still trying to figure out the best way to tie it/manage it for yoga. I use to have really long hair and it was easy to just tie it back for yoga. But I've cut it to a length that is not easy to tie back. I think in a few days I will get us to it and not really notice it anymore.

I had a yoga dream last night. I was dreamt that I was a teacher's training and that Bikram was being really hard on me. I think I do want to go to TT one day, but not in the near future. I can't imagine 9 weeks away from the husband and kids. I know they'd be fine, but I don't think I'd be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment